Contact Dave at 502.523.6723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
David Macway has over 20 years experience in strategy and decision consulting, executive education, and major capital project risk analysis. He is recognized as a leader in the practical application of strategy and decision principles to a diverse set of industries and applications. He frequently facilitates senior executive planning retreats and holds seminars on strategy and decision making.
Dave’s current practice focuses on strategy and capital project management, with much of his work in the energy industry. Recent engagements include developing a strategy, portfolio management, and budgeting process for a large, independent oil and gas company; creating a cost and schedule risk management process for major capital investment projects at several energy clients; and creating an R&D portfolio management system for a consumer products company.
Much of Dave’s time is spent helping large energy clients analyze and manage cost and schedule risk associated with major capital projects, including many over $1 billion. These projects include some of the largest oil field developments, processing facilities (such as LNG, Gas-to-Liquids, refineries, and petrochemical complexes), power plants, and infrastructure investments in the world.
Dave has a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from the University of California, Davis, and an MBA from Stanford University. He is a consulting lecturer in Stanford University’s Department of Management Sciences and Engineering.
Contact Steve at 781.367.5772 or email@example.com.
Stephen Uhl has over 30 years experience applying decision analysis and strategy techniques to oil & gas and other process-related industries. He has particular expertise in analytical methods and in portfolio analysis. Some of his assignments included:
- Leading a comprehensive evaluation of a diversified energy service company’s business portfolio. This effort resulted in significant restructuring of the portfolio, including divestiture of several business units.
- Restructuring the strategic planning and budgeting process for one of the largest energy companies in the United States, resulting in faster decision-making and a more tightly focused business portfolio.
- Leading a complete re-evaluation of their strategies for deregulation of a natural gas utility that led to a restructuring of their lines of business.
- Leading numerous projects to create exploration and development strategies for major multi-national oil companies. For the research arm of a major US oil company, led a process to develop valuation techniques for its R&D activities.
- Creating and deploying a process and analytical methods for rapidly analyzing cost and schedule risk for major capital projects around the world.
Steve has consulted for numerous energy companies, and delivered training workshops to hundreds of executives. He has an MBA from Amos Tuck School at Dartmouth, a M.S. from Renssellaer Polytechnic Institute, and a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.